Monday, August 26, 2013

DIY - RINGS


Hi All!

So one day I was bored and decided to do another D.I.Y but I had no idea of what I wanted to do. Then I wondered across a picture of a girl with all these mid-rings on and they looked very expensive, I just knew I could make them for a lot less. So I took some wire got started!

Materials needed:
Wire (Michael's or Walmart)
Wire cutters (Michael's)
Cylinder object size of your finger i.e battery, sharpie, chap stick. 
Finger nail file

Step 1: measure the wire around the mid point of your finger, right above your knuckle. 
Step 2:Then cut the excess when it is comfortable around your finger
Step 3: File the edges with a finger nail file until edges are smooth...this will prevent you from stabbing yourself when you put it on
                                     -Now you have a simple mid ring-

If you want a swirled ring, follow step 1 above but go around your finger a few more time. Then file the ends. I recommend that you put a clear coat of finger nail polish, this will coat the jagged edges a bit so you will not poke yourself when you put it on. 

If you are a more visual person here are some You Tubers doing tutorials...Enjoy! 
Click Here > 1 3 

xoxo, 
Tee & Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment